Have you ever been BOO’d by a neighbor? Not a bad boo, like you forgot to bring in your trash, but a good “BOO” that you actually looked forward to? If not maybe you should start a new tradition in your neighborhood.
What is a “BOO” Basket?
Much like a Secret Santa, you anonymously put a basket of goodies on your neighbors/friends porch for Halloween. The idea is that they should then “BOO” someone else in the neighborhood.
Halloween is the ideal time to have some fun with your neighbors/friends by “BOO”ing them. Which is why I am going to share some ideas for “BOO”ing your neighbor this Halloween. Creating a BOO Basket is super easy and doesn’t have to be a huge expense. You can go as inexpensive or expensive as you want. It’s as simple as throwing together a little candy and some things you think they may enjoy.
I usually share Boo Baskets with our friends that have kids. This year I am including a copy of Ghostbusters in the basket, because it is a fun family-friendly movie that is perfect for Halloween. I guess I will be calling this basket my “Ghostbuster” Boo Basket!
Ideas for Boo Baskets
- Candy (of course)– My kids favorite candies are Skittles and Starbursts. They are also perfect, because almost anyone can enjoy them, even those with food allergies. If you are “BOO”ing someone you don’t know, try to keep those things in mind.
- Knick Knacks– Walmart is a great place to visit for some some inexpensive items to fill the basket. Remember, like I mentioned earlier “BOO” Baskets don’t need to be expensive. They are simply a fun way to get some fun started in the neighborhood.
- DVDS– I am someone that loves to watch movies geared towards the Halloween season. Since Ghostbusters just became available in stores on Blu-ray this week, it is a great addition to your neighbors “BOO” Basket. Also, because it is so new, you probably won’t have to worry about whether or not they already own it.
- Snacks– If you are including a DVD with your “BOO” Basket adding some additional snacks is a perfect choice. You can never go wrong with POPCORN!
- A Note– Always remember to add a note with your “BOO” Basket. Don’t tell them who the basket is from (sort of like a Secret Santa), only that they have been “BOO’d” and should consider “BOO’ing It Forward”!
Hopefully these ideas will get you thinking about what you can put into your “BOO” Basket. Nothing is off limits, just remember that it is supposed to be fun and simple.
Have you ever been given a “BOO” Basket? If so, what was your favorite thing to receive? Did you choose to keep it going?
*Posts on Guessing All the Way may contain both affiliate links and sponsored content. All opinions expressed within posts will always be 100% my own.