This post is sponsored by Kimberly-Clark and The Motherhood. However, all writing and opinions are my own entirely.
It’s finally here….SPRING! A beautiful time of year when everything around begins to come to life again. It’s also when I start to get the fever for a little annual spring cleaning. Truly it is the one time of year when I get excited about decluttering and deep cleaning every room in the house. Who else is with me on that?
While I know that everyone has their own way of tackling spring cleaning, I thought I would share some tips on how I personally ensure myself a successful annual spring clean!
Tip #1: You can’t clean without the proper tools, so head to the store and get the necessities. There is nothing worse than being in the throws of cleaning and realizing you forgot something you needed. Making a list for me is easiest and it usually includes the below.
- A carry-all container. I don’t like to run back and forth while I am cleaning. By getting something that will carry all my products at once, it keeps me organized and focused on cleaning.
- Viva® Vantage® and Viva® Towels. While both types of Viva products are tough and work like cloth to clean any surface, I prefer the different textures of each towel for different chores. Both can be found at your local Walmart store.
- A good pair of cleaning gloves. By this time of year my hands are already so dried out. Besides, I don’t like to deep clean with my bare hands, especially in bathrooms.
- Garbage bags or boxes. Now is the time to declutter so having bags to throw stuff away is a must.
- Vacuum, mop, bucket and broom. All the essentials to clean up those dirty winter floors.
Tip #2: Declutter each and every room of the house. Now is the time!!
- It’s one thing to move stuff and clean around it, but it is freeing to get rid of stuff and declutter the house. When my husband and I were getting ready to put the house on the market, we got rid of so much junk we didn’t need. After that we looked around and said, “why didn’t we do this a long time ago?” We both felt a sense of relief that things finally looked nice and neat.
- Out with the old and in with the new. Once you get rid of things you don’t need, you are able to store the things you actually do. The bathroom is a big source of aggravation for our family. We are always running out of the biggest essential of all….Toilet Paper. During spring cleaning this year I have already tackled that issue. We cleaned out everything from the cabinet under the sink and stocked it full of Cottonelle® Clean Care toilet paper with CleanRipple Texture. Now we don’t have to worry about any of our bums going unattended to:)
Tip #3: Make Pinterest your best friend. I truly believe that I had no idea how to clean until Pinterest came along. There are some really creative people in this world! I have found more DIY home cleaners and tips on Pinterest than anywhere else.
- For great ideas and products to use for spring cleaning browse in the search bar. I have created a Pinterest board you can follow as well. It is called #SpringClean16 Must Haves and Tips. I have only just begun to pin to it, so watch for a lot more to come.
- In addition to products you can find tips on how to clean just about anything from baseboards, ceilings, sinks and stair rails. If you want a thoroughly cleaned home Pinterest is the way to get it. Now if the site could just do the cleaning for me as well.
- If you have a favorite board for cleaning tips and ideas, please share it in the comments below.
Don’t let spring pass by without taking control of your homes messes. I promise it is part of what makes spring one of the best times of the year. To learn about all the products and great deals you can find from Walmart on Kimberly-Clark products, visit the Kimberly-Clark Family Care Walmart site.