While I love a good turkey sandwich, turkey enchilada or turkey casserole, by this time in December, I am ready for anything other than turkey. Leftover turkey from Thanksgiving can only last so long before it is time to throw it out. So stop trying to think of something creative to do with whatever turkey you have left and let the poor guy “rest in peace”.
I have a delicious lasagna recipe that I am going to share with you and I promise, turkey is not one of the ingredients. It is called “Quick & Creamy Homemade Lasagna”.
This recipe includes Barilla products I picked up from Safeway. BTW, Safeway is currently running a special with Barilla that will save you money.
Promotion: $1 off the purchase of ONE (1) box of Barilla® Lasagne and ONE (1) Barilla® Sauce.
While this recipe is already less expensive than a traditional lasagna, every little bit you can save helps. The recipe I am sharing uses Barilla Lasagne noodles and one jar of Barilla Sauce in the flavor of your liking. I used the Barilla Mushroom personally. However, if you like kicking things up a bit, you could try using the Barilla Spicy Marinara.
Quick and Creamy Homemade Lasagna
- 1 Package of Barilla Lasagne noodles ( 8 oz. )
- 1 Jar of Barilla Sauce ( Flavor of your choice )
- 1-1 1/2 pounds of beef
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 Packages of Mozzarella cheese slices ( 6 oz. packages )
- 3/4-1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown beef with the onions and garlic. Start a big pot of water to boil while the meat is browning.
- Once water begins boiling, put the Barilla Lasagne noodles in. Cook according to package.
- After meat is browned, remove from the stove and rinse with water. This helps to cut down on grease and fat content. Then place the meat back into the original skillet where it was browned.
- Take the Barilla sauce and pour over the browned beef. Stir and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a small skillet, mix the cream cheese and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the noodles once they are ready and set aside.
- Time to start layering. Do the noodles, meat sauce, cream cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. You should have enough to do two layers of each, finishing with the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
This is a recipe that my sister started making years ago because she doesn’t care for ricotta cheese. It has been a favorite of our families ever since. I hope you will enjoy it as well!
It is perfect anytime because it is quick, easy and delicious! Let me know what you think…..