Entertaining is the name of the game this time of year, so finding recipes that not only taste good, but can be done quickly is important. It’s also nice if it looks attractive for guests as they decide what to pop into their mouth next.
OREO cookie balls are all of the above and with just three ingredients, what more could you ask for? In case you have never heard of an OREO cookie ball, here is the recipe.
Original OREO Cookie Balls Recipe:
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO cookies, finely crushed (roughly 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted.
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
While these are absolutely delicious just as they are, anyone who reads my blog knows I like to put my own spin on things. So I have taken the above recipe and changed it around just a bit to create what I am calling, “Drizzled Peanut Butter OREO Cookie Balls.”
This recipe has more than three ingredients, but the extra ingredients are well worth it. These little balls are addictive and still just as easy to make as the original recipe.
Drizzled Peanut Butter OREO Cookie Balls Recipe:
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 18 OREO cookies, finely crushed (roughly 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pecans to taste (optional)
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tbsp. Crisco
- CRUSH the OREO cookies in a blender.
- MIX the peanut butter, OREO cookies, powdered sugar, margarine, and vanilla.
- SHAPE the above mixture into 60 (1-inch) balls. Give or take a few. Then put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- COMBINE the chocolate chips with the Crisco. Mixing the two helps keep the chocolate smooth for dipping.
- DIP the bottom of the cookie ball in the melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden.
- DRIZZLE the remaining melted chocolate on the top of the OREO cookie balls. To do this, place the leftover chocolate in a sandwich size Ziploc bag and cut a very small hole in the corner.
- REFRIGERATE for another 30 minutes.
These are a perfect dessert for serving at your next holiday get together. Hope you will enjoy them as much as our family is.
If you would like to try other delicious versions of OREO cookie balls, visit the OREO website.
This is a sponsored post for OREO cookies. All opinions are 100% my own.