Lawry’s has created a fun “Dinnertising” campaign geared towards making dinnertime fun for the family. Dinnertising is all about making meals interactive and fun for kids. By getting kids more involved, it helps to create a spirit of excitement around dinner time – whether they’re helping prep the recipe or crafting their own videos. More information can be found at http://www.Dinnertising.com.
If making flavorful meals that the whole family will enjoy is on the top of your list, be sure to check out the new Lawry’s spice blends and marinades.
- Santa Fe Chili Marinade
- Herb & White Wine Marinade
- Mediterranean Herb Seasoned Salt
- Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic Salt
- Roasted Garlic Salt
I began to plan our menu the minute I received the Lawry’s products. I decided to stick with something that I do best….SIMPLE!
While I love to cook, I also love to make a meal that comes together quickly and tastes delicious. Meals like this give me the ability to spend more time with my family instead of more time in the kitchen.
For this particular meal, I decided to go with the Lawry’s Santa Fe Chili Marinade and Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic salt. I took 3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts and placed them inside of a gallon Ziploc bag. Next, I poured the bottle of Lawry’s Santa Fe Chili Marinade over the chicken and placed it inside the refrigerator for one hour.
When I tasted the marinade straight from the bottle, I was afraid the kids may think it was too spicy. However, once the chicken was cooked on the grill, it toned down the spiciness nicely. I got a little ahead of myself there, so now you know that once I took the chicken out of the ice box, we cooked it on the grill. Be sure to discard any leftover marinade once you remove the chicken breasts from the Ziploc.
In addition to the chicken breasts, I decided to make corn on the cob on the grill as well. We sprinkled the Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic salt on the corn before cooking it. I will be posting the full recipe for the grilled corn shortly, so be watching for it. If you have never had grilled corn, it is absolutely delicious!
I learned the next time I use the Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic salt, I may want to go more sparingly on the kids pieces. My 3 year old thought it was a little too spicy for her taste buds, but for me it was just perfect. I thought it added a great flavor and complimented the chicken breasts nicely.
Everything that I cooked that evening was able to be prepped in less than 15 minutes. Then it was as simple as grilling it up outside while I watched the kids play in the yard. It turned out to be the perfect summertime meal for the family.
Check out my “Dinnertisement” here, then go make one for your family. There is something in it for you, check out my giveaway below.
Brace your tastebuds. Tonight its dinner like dinner’s never been done before. Are you ready for flavor? http://www.dinnertising.com/Video/Details/1299?cmpid=2012-dinnertising-share-email
Steps to creating a Dinnertisement:
1) Visit www.dinnertising.com
2) On the right hand side, click the sign that reads “Create Your Own Dinnertisement Now”
3) Click on the sign that reads “Choose a Recipe & Get Started!”
4) Click on the dishes to see a variety of recipes
5) Select the recipe you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
6) Select the theme you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
7) Upload your photo by clicking the sign that reads “Click to upload”
8) Enter your family name and click enter
9) Read the consent and click the arrow that reads “Yes, I Do Agree”
10) Watch the video and at the end of the Dinnertisement, click on the envelope to email the link to yourself.
11) Copy and paste the link to your Dinnertisement in the comments section to be entered to win the Rachael Ray Stoneware giveaway!